Thursday, May 11, 2017

Examined - A Parents Right to Free Speech

While this appeal does not center around a Guardian ad litem that has failed. It could have.

In an unusual case the Tennessee Court of Appeals indicated that some of the restrictions placed on the Mother regarding communications were vague or broad.

As an example the Mother was restricted from mentioning the Father at all on social media. This meant that the most benign reference would land the Mother in trouble.

What is even more interesting is that this was a Family Matters case and the Mother was Pro se.

For more details please follow these links:

Herston Law Group - Parent’s Right to Free Speech Examined in Nashville, TN Child Custody Modification: Gider v. Hubbell

Court of Appeals - SINAN GIDER v. LYDIA HUBBELL

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I have been arrested numerous times...most of them for "violating the order of protection by posting on facebook" And I have learned not to believe everything I read in "Findings of Fact"...I am in my 6th year of fighting for my daughter to be free to enjoy close and continuing relationships with both parents. Working on my 3rd appeal from Juvenile court right now. Lydia A. Hubbell (find me on facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my daughter's Guardian ad Litem was nothing more than an extra lawyer for my daughter's dad. I consider her my daughter's worst enemy, second to the judge. The judge would do whatever the GAL asked, no matter how unlawful.

    ReplyDelete